Here are few topics of stories, songs and workshops audiences have already enjoyed with Heather in classrooms, libraries, festivals, family reunions and community events:
Programs Chalk Full of Stories and Songs
• American Revolution: “The Fight for Liberty”
• American Civil War: “The Horror, the History and the Home Front”
• Abraham Lincoln: “A Father, a Leader, a Legend”
• Irish America: “Singing and Working”
• Annie Oakley: “Little Miss Sure Shot, the First American Female Professional Athlete.”
• The Journey West: “Stories Around the Campfire”
• Spiders: “So Many Legs and So Many Stories”
• Pizza: “Fantastical Fun and Highly Edible”
• Just for Fun: No theme here except the goal of guffaws and belly laughs galore.
• “S.T.E.P. into Storytelling”
In most workshops, participants only hear about storytelling. This workshop offers a bit of overall instruction on the basics of storytelling, then folks will be on their feet telling and retelling in a matter of minutes and experiencing firsthand the process of making a short scenario on paper come to life with bits of encouragement and feedback. The session ends with all participants joining in a story circle. Limited to about 15 participants. 90 and 2 hour versions.
• “Finding Your Story, Finding Your Voice”
Heather will guide participants in mining for their own personal stories to polish and share. This session offers skills to shape the beginnings and endings of snatches of recollections to bring family stories of crisis, humor and courage to life in your unique way of telling.
Fees vary. The more shows in your area, the lower the fees for each performance. Block booking is the most affordable option. Contact Heather. She will try to work with you to accommodate your budget for any event.
Heather can work with you to customize an affordable program for your event. Contact her.